Senior Caregivers Provide Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction
Learn more about balance care from our senior caregivers in Royal Oak, MI
Senior caregivers agree that the best way to help ensure your loved one continues to live an active lifestyle is to minimize the risk of a fall. Taking preventative action, before a fall actually occurs, can add incremental years for a senior to live in his or her own home. This explains why one of the biggest impediments for seniors who want to stay in their homes is a prior fall, loss of balance, and the risk of future falls. Comfort Keepers is excited to be one of the first to offer Balance Care and Fall Risk Reduction services designed to mitigate risk, reduce potential hazards, and maintain your loved one’s balance. This program not only helps to improve the health, confidence, and well-being of your loved one, but it also helps to make them safer and more secure in the home that they love.
Our comprehensive Balance Care and Fall Risk Reduction services includes:
- Home safety fall risk assessment
- Fall risk reduction activities
- Coordination of home modification, such as grab bars, hand rails, bath/tub changes, flooring updates
- Appropriate exercise, walks, and stretching
- Proper nutrition and hydration
- Assistance with movement around the house
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- On-call emergency senior caregivers and assistance
- Collaborative support of occupational therapy and physical therapy
One of our caregivers will contact you shortly.