Private Duty Nursing in Royal Oak, MI and Surrounding Areas
We provide the next level of care with our loving private duty nursing
Sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers can help. Our specially trained private duty nursing staff provide the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.Contact Us
How We Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical private duty nursing tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Private duty nursing is available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support.
For more information about our private duty care, contact our office in Royal Oak, MI today. We will gladly speak with you about your loved one's specific needs and circumstances in order to provide you with a custom care plan to meet his or her needs. (248) 236-5627.
Comfort Keepers of Royal Oak, MI is proud to offer services to families in the following communities throughout Oakland County:
One of our caregivers will contact you shortly.